We are a community centered on
committed to one another, and connected to the world around us by sharing and showing the love of God, beginning in Melrose.
Our greatest desire is to see people worship and serve the Lord Jesus. We invite you to check out this website to find out more about who we are, or better yet, join us for our Sunday morning worship service. Please contact us with questions or comments, and join us in person as we worship the Lord together.
Community Dinner -- Friday, Feb. 16 - 6PM
Game Night & Cookie Bake-Off! Sat. Feb. 17th - 6 PM
Begins at 6 PM
Please join us for a fun Game Night this Saturday. Bring your favorite game! This is open for everyone, families, singles, kids, etc.
We'll also have a cookie bake-off competition! Bring your best homemade cookies to share (about 2 dozen) and we'll all get to taste, judge, and award the coveted Bake-Off Trophy!
It's bound to be a night of fun, laughter, and competition! Hopefully we can deliver some plates of cookies to others also!
New Community Groups
*We'll begin small Community groups this winter / spring as short-term groups.
*A Community Group is a collection of believers who commit themselves to one another for the purpose of pursuing biblical fellowship with one another.
*If you are you interested in hosting or leading a small group, please contact Pastor Jonathan.
Community Groups FAQ
- Weeks of February 25- March 31
- There are 2 Different Groups & Times to meet
- Sunday Afternoon Group- Pastor John will lead one group following Sunday morning services at the church. It will begin around 12:05 allowing for a break and/or bite of food.
- Monday Night Group - Leo Badaro & Pastor John will lead this groupat 6:30 PM at homes in Melrose - .
- No, you can come any week without having prepared or read ahead of time. We'll read a passage together each week before we discuss it. That being said, we will be going through Matthew using the Lent for Everyone devotional available for the church--so it would be a great opportunity to discuss that with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Below is a sample timeline of a group's meeting (90 minutes). The times are flexible, but out of respect for everyone's time, we want to make sure we begin and end promptly.
- 10 mins. - Welcome - warmly greet each participant
- 30 mins. - Fellowship - casual chatting, snacks, game, ice-breaker
- 30 mins. - Discussion around the Word
- 5 mins. - Prayer Requests & Close in Prayer
- 15 mins. - Clean Up & Go Home on Time
- Many groups give their kids the opportunity to either sit in and participate in the group and / or they set aside a 'play room' or play area where kids can be away from the discussion but easily monitored.
- Fellowship - We really hope to be able to foster a relaxed environment where we can be the Church--get to know one another better and encourage each other in the faith as brothers and sisters in Christ. Hopefully, we can share prayer requests, struggles, and insights with one another as well.
- Grow in Christ - We hope to grow in Christ by looking at His Word and discussing it with one another. We will be working through the book of Matthew with a church-wide devotional Lent for Everyone (below) which will guide us through the Gospel of Matthew over these 6 weeks. The Leader will facilitate a discussion around a Scripture or devotion as we walk through Matthew together.
- Opportunity to Invite Others - As we continue, we hope that these groups will be fertile ground to invite friends, neighbors, new visitors or those investigating Christianity to experience Christ's love and discuss the Bible in the casual environment of someone's home.